Interior Designer Matt Page shares his take on Hollywood Regency – one of this season’s key trends – and talks about the design icon who influenced the look.
“I was inspired by Dorothy Draper, who is famous for flamboyant yet reserved accessorising, sophisticated style, an exuberant use of colour and unexpected, ahead-of-the-time designs.”
Follow Matt’s top style tips to achieve the luxe Hollywood Regency look:
- Feature an eye-catching statement piece in each space, such as an elaborate chair or gloss-finish furniture
- Choose colour combinations in bright and bold or intense deep shades
- Use plants and flowers indoors, try placing them in decorative ceramic urns and jars
- A plush, textured rug adds a touch of comfort and glamour
- Look out for floral motifs and oversized prints on soft furnishings and upholstery
Loving this look? View our Hollywood Regency gallery for more on dressing up your decor. To discover even more trends, tips and ideas from our favourite stylists, browse our gorgeous Winter 2012 Look Book.