Is there anything more indulgent than giving winter the cold shoulder by snuggling under the covers of your cosy bed with a good book, TV remote, or both? If your bed isn’t the warm fortress you need when the mercury drops, it’s time to dress it up for winter!
Let’s get layering with these red-hot tips:
1. Lay the right foundations: It’s a good idea to work from the bottom up, so start with a mattress topper. Working to enhance the comfort of your mattress by adding a luxuriously cloud-soft feel, you’ll love the support and added warmth. Available in materials such as memory foam, duck down and feather, mattress toppers have the added benefit of prolonging the life of your mattress.
2. Add a layer of luxury: In order to create a cosy cocoon in which to snuggle, it’s important to select the correct quilt for your needs. A quilt’s filling determines its warmth so it makes sense that materials with superior thermal properties – such as wool and alpaca – are ideal for winter. Another option is a four-seasons quilt.
3. Throw caution to the wind: Add warmth, texture and a pop of colour to your bed by layering with a selection of our quality blankets and throws. Try the superior thermal properties of luxurious alpaca or merino wool for true indulgence.
4. Pillow talk: For the perfect mid-winter’s night sleep, add a generous pile of plump pillows to the top of your bed. A great way to add cloud-soft comfort and support, and trap heat, our fantastic collection of pillows come in a large variety of quality fillings – including alpaca and wool, duck down, goose down, memory foam and latex.
5. Style your winter sanctuary: Now that your nest is feathered in readiness for hibernation, add decorative pieces to the bedroom to really create a comfort zone. The flickering glow of a perfumed candle is an inexpensive way to add light and create a cosy atmosphere, whilst a plush floor rug infuses texture and warmth. Add a splash of colour with a selection of sumptuous cushions, or brighten up your boudoir with a theatrical chandelier or a statement piece chaise.