For more delicious recipes, visit www.donnahay.com.au
Give the kids something extra-special in their school lunchbox with these moist, moreish banana muffins.
banana and choc chip muffin
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ¾ cup (135g) dark chocolate chips
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined. Gently fold through the banana and chocolate chips. Divide the mixture between 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with paper patty cases and bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden or cooked when tested with a skewer. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 12.