Summertime, and the entertaining is easy...thanks to Domayne’s latest looks in al fresco dining. Whether you’re looking to furnish a tiny balcony or spacious courtyard, we have a style to suit every space. Spoiled for choice? Consider these top tips when selecting a dining setting for your outdoor entertaining area.
Take the time to measure and record the dimensions of your outdoor space before shopping for your dining setting. Consider the size of suite that will best suit your space, whether its a compact 3-piece setting or a rectangular extension, such as the ‘Themis’ (above), which comfortably seats eight.
Space Age Solutions
Versatility and functionality are key when it comes to furnishing those outdoor areas where space is at a premium.
- Extension dining tables offer the best of both worlds as they can be used for everyday dining and effortlessly extend to accommodate guests for those special occasions.
- Mix ‘n’ match table sizes from the same range, such as the ‘Lisbon’, for a clever and cohesive configuration that perfectly fits your space.
- Bench seating, as seen in the ‘Aruba’ 3-Piece Setting (above), is a smart way to save space without sacrificing comfort or aesthetic value.
- Stackable chairs (such as those pictured below) are a practical solution when it comes to seating extra guests. Not only do these beauties look great, they’re super-comfortable and easy to pack away when not in use.
It’s important that you understand how to care for your outdoor furniture.
Consider the following:
- Does the timber need to be oiled?
- Can the fabric be wiped down?
- Is the wicker and/or fabric UV resistant?
It’s a good idea to opt for a setting that’s relatively easy to maintain – after all, you want to be enjoying your leisure time in the great outdoors, not creating more work for yourself!