It was love at first sight…you knew deep down in your heart of hearts this was the one. After careful consideration you decided to take the plunge and make the commitment…yep, you made that long term investment and bought the leather lounge of your dreams. But wait! Before you sink in to your luxurious cowhide leather sofa to enjoy your happily-ever-after, you have to think about looking after your treasure.
Preserve the natural beauty of your leather furniture with these top leather care tips:
- Keep your leather goods away from heaters and air conditioners. These can dry out the leather.
- Don’t expose your leather goods to direct sunlight as UV rays will bleach the colour out of your leather.
- Ensure you do not expose your leather furniture to air pollution such as cigarette smoke as this will not only cause unpleasant, difficult to remove odours to but will also leave a sticky residue.
- Regularly dust your leather upholstery with a soft clean cloth, and vacuum dust and grime with an upholstery vac-attachment from those difficult-to-reach corners and crevices.
- For a thorough clean on leather furniture that is used on a daily basis, use a quality leather cleaner once a month. For leather furniture that is used only occasionally, apply leather cleaner quarterly.
- A premium leather protector, applied after every clean, will moisturise your leather keeping it supple and smooth while also providing a barrier of protection from dust and ageing.
- Immediately blot spills with a clean cloth – avoid using cleaning agents or detergents as this may cause irreparable damage to the leather and could void your warranty.
Protect Your Investment with
When it comes to protecting your leather furniture from stains and accidental damage, Domayne also offer Guardsman® 5 year leather protection warranty kit. This comprehensive maintenance and care kit consists of: 250ml Leather Cleaner, 250ml Leather Protector, 20ml Ink Remover, leather cleaner sponge, leather protector application cloth, dusting cloth, warranty booklet and care guide DVD.