Santa Claus is coming to town…and he’s not the only one. It’s only a matter of weeks until your overnight guests descend – are you prepared? Even if you’re short on available beds, you can still play the perfect host by treating your out-of-towners to a luxurious night’s sleep with our convenient Aerobed. In our latest video, our talented stylist, Danielle Kelly, shows you how easy it is to set up the Aerobed Platinum Raised Mattress, plus she also offers some simple tips on styling a welcoming guest bed in a flash.
Friendly word of warning: Domayne takes no responsibility for Christmas guests who enjoy their temporary bed so much, they overstay their welcome…
No room at the inn this Christmas? No probs. An Aerobed transforms any room in the house into a guest room with minimum fuss thanks to the hands-free pump which provides effortless inflation and deflation. The Aerobed Platinum Raised Mattress inflates to a height of a traditional ensemble for firm, off-the-ground support, while the plush pillowtop provides total body comfort.
5 Simple Tips for Styling Your Temporary Guest Room
You may not have a dedicated guest room to accommodate your visitors – but don’t let that stop you from enhancing their stay with a few home comforts.
1. Create an inviting aesthetic by dressing your guest bed in neutral coloured bed linen then adding accessories – such as European pillows and throws – that coordinate with the predominant colours in the room, for a cohesive look.
2. Think about your guest’s practical needs. Provide storage space for their clothes with a few empty dresser drawers or some hanging space – don’t forget the hangers, too!
3. Maximise the comfort of your guest space by layering the bed with an assortment of textural elements such as crisp cotton sheets, soft cushions and light throws. A stack of neatly folded towels is useful and can make a stylish addition to an accent chair, stool, bedside table or even at the foot of the bed.
4. Add a refreshing, fragrant touch to the room with a vase of fresh-cut flowers or a beautiful scented candle.
5. If power outlets permit, place a bedside lamp on a stool or stack of books. This will not only provide a convenient source of light for night-time reading, it will also eliminate the problem of guests trying to find their way back to bed after turning off the light.
Like what you see? Check out our comprehensive Christmas range online or head to your local Domayne store and chat to our friendly team. To learn more about festive styling, view our latest posts on decorating a festive tabletop, styling a tinsel photo wall, dressing your Christmas tree, creating a Christmas vignette, and gift wrapping like a pro. Happy decorating!